GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
Operating Hours: Horizon Fitness is open 24 hours/day
1. Horizon Fitness is for the exclusive use of (i) Joint Owners, (ii) Joint Owner Equivalents, (iii) Direct Relatives, (iv) Guest when Joint Owner is in residence, (v) a Personal Trainer accompanied by the Joint Owner, and (vi) Long-term Renters (>6 months). Joint Owners are welcome to request an exception for Renters or other unique situations, using “Contact Us” on the Horizon Website, submit to “Bylaws and/or Rules & Regs”.
2. Access is only allowed to persons 18 years of age and above.
3. Access is by personal Key Code, which will be activated after signing an “Horizon Fitness Waiver” (English
), at the Front Lobby. Joint Owner Equivalents and Direct Relatives may use the Joint Owner’s key code, providing the Joint Owner shares their key code with them
4. Do not open the Horizon Fitness door for anyone, including other Joint Owners.
5. Proper gym attire (no wet clothing) and closed-toe footwear (no bare feet) are required in Horizon Fitness.
6. Food, smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in Horizon Fitness. Permitted beverages, such as water and energy drinks must be in a fully sealed plastic/metal container, no glass.
7. Bring your own personal mat for floor exercises.
8. Bring a personal towel(s) for working out to either put down on equipment and/or other personal use.
9. Before putting anything on a bench, e.g. weights and water bottles, put your towel down first to protect the benches.
10. Wipe down all equipment and machines before and after use – sanitizer and paper towels are provided at various places throughout Horizon Fitness.
a. Do not spray directly on any electronic display for the cardio equipment as it may cause damage; spray the paper towel and then wipe the monitors.
11. For Cardio Equipment, there is a 30-minute limit when others are waiting.
12. Refrain from sitting on or otherwise occupying equipment between sets if others are waiting to use the equipment.
a. Unless you are in Horizon Fitness alone, if you are unable to continue working out while using your mobile device, please either refrain from using your mobile device, step aside, or go out to the sitting area.
13. For the safety of others and to avoid damage to the floor, please do not drop weights and keep weight on the matted areas.
14. Return all equipment to their proper location and place all weights on their proper racks.
15. Do not lean on mirrors.
16. No pets allowed.
17. Be courteous and respectful to others at all time. If you are listening to music when others are around, please keep the volume down (no loud music at any time) or use earbuds/headsets. This excludes using the screen in the Group Exercise room for workout programs.
18. Report any equipment failures or concerns to the Front Lobby.
19. Do not lower blinds over an open window.
20. When you leave, close all windows and turn off any fans and lights you may have turned on, unless someone has come in after you. Then ask them if they want you to turn fans/lights off or leave them on for them to turn off.
21. Personal gym trainers are permitted for Joint Owners or Joint Owner Equivalents only.
- Trainer MUST be pre-registered with the Horizon Fitness Committee.
- ONE Trainer at a time.
- The Trainer MUST be accompanied by the Joint Owner.
- The Trainer MUST enter and exit with the Joint Owner.
- The Trainer will NOT receive an access code.
- Any transactional activity MUST take place off Horizon property.
- Individual arrangements with professional trainers/instructors are only between the parties involved.
- Condominiums Horizon A.C. is not involved with any agreements made on a personal basis by Joint Owners or Joint Owner Equivalents and removes itself from any responsibility under Mexican trade, commerce and tax laws.
22. Classes in the Group X area need to be scheduled in advance and follow agreed procedures regarding time and length of the class, as well as participants (obtain a list of the procedures from the Front Lobby).
1. Use of Horizon Fitness is AT YOUR OWN RISK; Horizon Residences and Condominium Horizon A.C., take no responsibility for any injury or other issues related to the use of Horizon Fitness and equipment.
2. You should consult with your physician prior to using Horizon Fitness.
3. Horizon Fitness is not staffed or supervised.
WHILE COVID-19 REMAINS A THREAT TO EVERYONE THESE ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS WILL APPLY WHEN USING HORIZON FITNESS:
- Occupancy of Horizon Fitness is limited to 10 people at any one time. Please go to the Front Lobby to have your temperature taken and to receive a numbered tag. If all 10 tags are out, please return to Horizon Fitness at another time.
- Have a mask with you at all times.
- IF you are 6ft/2m or less from others not in your bubble, put your mask on and cover your mouth and nose.
- If you are doing cardio and wish to remove your mask, ask anyone around you if they mind.
- Practice social distancing of 6ft/2m with others not in your bubble. Some pieces of equipment are less than 6ft/2m apart. If one piece of equipment is in use, you may need to avoid using an adjacent one, e.g. treadmills, ellipticals etc.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Use antibacterial gel immediately after entering and exiting Horizon Fitness.
- Consider using antibacterial gel every time you change from one piece of equipment to another.
- Frequent hand washing and use of antibacterial gel is recommended during a workout.
- Wipe down the equipment before/after use with sanitizer and make sure the surface is completely dry.
- Do not spray directly on any electronic display for the cardio equipment as it may cause damage; spray the paper towel and then wipe the monitors.
- Bring a personal towel(s) for working out to either put down on equipment and/or other personal use.
VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL RESULT IN POTENTIAL ACTION BEING TAKEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH EXISTING PROCEDURES